JSC “Latvia’s State Forests” donated €311,613.07 in 2022 towards social projects. 111 applications totalling €1,055,174.86 were received. The winning projects have been selected and the donation amount has been distributed in grants to 41 non-profits across Latvia.
- 7 projects in the Kurzeme region;
- 6 projects in the Zemgale region;
- 2 projects in the Latgale region;
- 17 projects in the Vidzeme region;
- 9 projects operating across Latvia.
We are extending our congratulations to the non-profit partners who will be receiving the grants towards implementation of programs that support local communities. These social programs are particularly significant at this time given COVID-19 challenges and the crisis in Ukraine.
The 41 projects that have secured grants will provide substantial support to the following priority groups:
- 16 non-profits will assist children and adults with special needs;
- 12 non-profits will aid socially vulnerable groups;
- 8 non-profits will benefit elderly people by facilitating dignified and active lifestyles;
- 5 non-profits will facilitate social integration of various social groups.
The details of the projects supported are available here.
A total of 111 applications totalling €1,055,174.86 were received during the call for applications. This high level of interest is proof that facilitation of social support to local communities remains extremely important in Latvia.